RAINBOW BRIDGE UPDATES

industrial und artverwandter bereich

Moderatoren: haiwire, thedi, chikan

RAINBOW BRIDGE UPDATES

Beitragvon rainbowbridge » 08.05.2011 (10:03)

HTTP://WWW.HELLORAINBOWBRIDGE.COM

Bild
Pregnant Spore "Letting Go Isn't Living With The Heartache-Filled Dreams Of What Once Was" c92 - RB-091

I rarely contribute to or put out tapes this long. However, the approach I wanted to take toward this recording specifically called for length. This tape is centered around the painstakingly slow process of having no choice but to mentally let go of something held dear. One of the elements of healthily coping with loss is to accept what is not in one's power to change. To manifest this concept audibly, I decided to let the instruments play themselves while I stepped back and "accepted" what I was hearing. Before recording, I routed and tweaked electronics so that there would be constant, out-of-sync, mysterious, apparent audible movement when initiated; oscillation and waveforms soaring against and within each other at a sluggish rate. Although I feel that these recordings could have been better composed and more dynamic, I let things operate naturally in order stay true to the concept. What you will hear on this tape is a form of nature uniquely taking it's course. The sounds are somewhat harsh, but not ridiculously grating.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge/pre ... ng-go-isnt

Soft poly cases. J-cards are hand-cut from Martha Stewart signature card stock, hand-stamped with a rainbow ink pad, hand-painted with neon orange and yellow fabric paint and hand-stamped with psychedelic duct tape. Includes hand-numbered liner notes. Each j-card is unique. Limited to 14.

---

Bild
Inappropriate King Live - "Actions Are Louder" c92 - RB-077

15 tracks of concussion and resentment. A year's worth of sound collage dilapidated and uncared-for, pieced together and dubbed to tape. Dismantled and remixed recordings of instruments, traffic, extreme weather, animals, paper ripping, plastic crinkling, thumbtacks being dropped, voices, household appliances, speeches, performance art, various objects being rattled and scraped... static, buzz, beeps, cuts, punches, squeezes and squeals. Despite the project name, none of this was performed live. This is a compilation of pieces that took months to put together.

Hand-painted j-cards and labels. Each one unique. Limited to 14.

http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge/ina ... -went-well

---

Bild
Ghost Volcano - "Tarkovsky" 3" CDr - RB-079

Ghost Volcano is a brand new 3-piece noise outfit from Baltimore, Maryland made up of both members of Mold Omen and Justin Marc Lloyd (Pregnant Spore, Inappropriate King Live, False Flag and more). Electronics, violin, records, metal and guitar. Reminds me a lot of... dare I say it... Wolf Eyes? Expect even more from this trio soon.

Hand-painted inserts made up of photo prints by Megan Elyse Lloyd. Each one unique. Limited to 36.

http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge/gho ... sky-sample

---

Bild
Skin Graft - "8.7.10" 3" CDr - RB-067

This material recorded the first time I ever met Wyatt Howland. Unfortunately, he's wasn't the creepy scumbag tough-guy I thought he was. He even smiled a few times throughout the night between gulping cans of cheap beer and probably making fun of all the hipsters passing by. END TANGET. Anyway, his performance scared the shit out of me. After I got over the feeling like I had just been molested by a box of razor knives in the bottom of a thick pool of toxic waste, I asked him if he was up for releasing the performance on a 3-inch. He happily agreed and asked me to send him the recording I made so that he could master it first. What I got back was a re-hashed, WAY harsher version of what I heard that night. Even the silence before he starts playing hisses at your ears like pins and needles. Apparently, it's a piece originally recorded and released on Tusco Embassy long ago. So here we have a mangled "re-issue" in the form of pure dark, depressing, ear-annihilating Cleveland industrial filth to piss on your brain.

Full color inserts in thick plastic sleeves. Limited to 36.

Sample

---

Bild
White Dog/Pregnant Spore - split c62 - RB-068

White Dog: The man behind Prairie Fire Tapes brings you a puzzling mound of pulses, beats, hums, rustlings and drones that will bewilder, confuse and satisfy your weirdo cravings. A 30-minute psalm for the supernatural. Psychedelic, faint, patient and complete with intriguing sound activity. Pregnant Spore: The weird factor carries over to Side B with swashes and splashes of manipulated tapes, bent electronics and mangled drum sequencing. Laid to rest in this composition: frogs, crickets, radio broadcasts, self-relaxation tapes and some of the most sketchy electronic paraphernalia that's ever crept into your ears, whether it be harsh or barely there.

Full color j-cards. Limited to 27.

Sample WD
Sample PS

---

Bild
Hostage Pageant - "Manipulated Memories" c47 - RB-069

A glorious manifestation of a disturbed mind. Harsh, huge, slashes into slices (memories) and pieced together flawlessly. A decaying composition of soaring frequencies and junk static, layered and with much atmosphere. Barely distinguishable voices buried inside assaulting feedback, glitchy cracks and crackling squeaks. The soundtrack to a hostile abduction of a beauty pageant inside a collapsing cathedral. It doesn't get more monumental than that.

Full color j-cards. Limited to 22.

Sample

---

Bild
The Bohorquez/Balogh Project - Selt-titled CDr - RB-071

True, uncanny, sonic assault by Jared Balogh (Transatlantic Rage) and Ernesto Bohorquez (Animal Machine). A drums/electronics collaboration stretching across continents. Elements of harsh noise and free jazz are evident in this 3-track, 35-minute junk pile of classic Merzbow-like havoc. Throbbing, pounding, grinding and exploding. Take that like a Cock E.S.P. song title if you wish, but it accurately describes this amazing CDr that any free-form industrial fanatic should thoroughly enjoy.

Comes in a clear sleeve with full-color 2-panel inserts. Limited to 37.

Sample

---

Bild
Circuit Wound - "Defense Mechanism" c47 - RB-072

If you are remotely familiar with Circuit Wound's diverse make of noise as heard on the Perceptual Distortions, Density And Assimilation or Cherry Point/Circuit Wound split releases, prepare to be pleasantly confused. This is one of Jay Howard's most experimental releases to date. So different, in fact, he considered not even using the Circuit Wound title for this tape (although I convinced him otherwise). Rainbow Bridge is stoked to be putting out more weird shit these days and even more stoked that this particular weird shit was shit right out of Jay Howard's insides.

Full-color j-cards. Limited to 31.

Sample

---

Bild
Pansori/Pregnant Spore - split c20 - RB-073

The B side of this tape is not your usual harsh noise or flipped-out weirdness that you'd expect from Rainbow Bridge. Pansori are a highly talented band from Baltimore made up of members of Army Of Kashyyyk, Dawn Treader, Boat Water and way too many more. A heavier Godspeed You Black Emperor minus a few members with screamed/yelled vocals. Before you squint your eyes and shrug this band off, realize two things: One, fuck you. Two, Pansori write some of the most emotive, flowing, heavy, beautiful pieces that make them stand out amongst all of the other delay pedal-obssessed, violin-ridden, screamo-meets-post-rock bands out there. They've paid their dues in punk and Pregnant Spore is proud to share magnetic strips with them. By the way, if you like Justin Marc Lloyd's older style of crushingly harsh and pissed off noise/vocals aligned harmoniously with droning, ethereal synth-like textures (made with a guitar) before he went crazy and started emulating the sound of retarded aliens fucking in a windowless room, you may like the A side of this tape as well.

Solid green tapes, full color j-cards. Limited to 25.

Sample

---

Bild
R.S.Seizure - "Taped" c62 - RB-075

Ain't the biggest fan of noise guitars unless you're Bill Nace or in a noisecore band. However, when I first heard this reverb-drenched, highly distorted opus of dismal destruction that sounded like it was recorded in the world's largest, dankest cave and then time-stretched beyond belief, I changed my tune. Ross S. Seizure, formerly living in Hong Kong, is a UK native with face tattoos and (probably) gives the best fucking hug you'd ever dream of. Buy this tape NOW because it's super limited and will liquefy your soul.

Hand screened o-cards, hand-stamped tapes. Limited to 15.

Sample

---

Bild
Pregnant Spore - "Universe Library Tick" 3" CDr - RB-076

One of the weirdest, most mangled releases Justin Marc Lloyd has ever pumped out. Pregnant Spore is his newest moniker although, with the exception of the lack of harsh walls, the material is really just a continuation of where Dim Dusk Moving Gloom was heading: weirdo electronics, mucky tape gunk, found sounds and samples, intriguing atmospheres and confusing textures. No Sidrassi Organ or 4MS noise swash here. These messed up sounds are the work of much experimenting and electronic research into the unknown. Everyone hates comparisons but fuck you: if you dig Soup Purse, Budweiser Sprite, Head Boggle, Yellow Crystal Star and Skin Graft, imagine them all molded into one brain and set of fingers, crammed into 23 minutes of new material using a suitcase of unique combinations of altered electronics and tapes.

Full color artwork, thick plastic sleeves. Limited to 45.

Sample

---

COMING SOON
- RB-082 GOVERNMENT ALPHA - SOMNAMBULANT C46
- RB-083 MERZBOW - VARIATIONS FOR ELECTRIC FAN C41
- RB-084 DEMONOLOGISTS/COCK ESP - SPLIT C30
- RB-085 SUMMON THRULL - SPIRE HELL HEAP C60
- RB-086 PREGNANT SPORE/ACTUARY SPLIT C43
- RB-087 HEAD BOGGLE - SOLOS IN AURALIZE C47
- RB-088 KOMMISSAR HJULER UND FRAU/FOSSILS SPLIT C36
- RB-089 CINCINNATUS C - LIGHT LEFT LONG AGO 3" CDr
- RB-090 ARVO ZYLO/COCK ESP - SPLIT C20
- RB-091 PREGNANT SPORE - LETTING GO ISNT LIVING WITH THE HEARTACHE-FILLED DREAMS OF WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN C92
- RB-092 PREGNANT SPORE + AISLE - OPIATE CHAPEL C23
- RB-093 VESTIGIAL LIMB - ANOXIC LAIR C62
- RB-094 HEARTSTRUNG - SUPPRESSION/DENIAL/DEFEAT CDR
- RB-095 PREGNANT SPORE - HARMONIOUS SALMON HEARTS C36
- RB-096 NUNDATA - SEMEN PAPAVERIS C62

---

STILL AVAILABLE
Oscillating Innards - Irretrievable: MMII-MMVIII c75+c80
Facialmess - Not Worth It c10
Boar - Teen Cribs c20
NPV - Crossing Towers 3" CDr
Simian Washboard - Creature CDr
Andrew Coltrane - Persuasion c62
Whitewater Orgasm - A Sad Way To Swallow CDr
Torturing Nurse/Hostage Pageant - split c10
Transatlantic Rage - I.N.G. 9 DVDr
Al Qaeda/Dried Up Corpse - 1309 split c27
Nundata - Entropy c62
Batcomputer - Spring Is A Chorus Of Vomit; Everyone Rejoice! CDr
The Human Excuse - Diner Monster t-shirt
+ MORE

---
DISTRO
Pregnant Spore/Rez Epo - "Varptar Zotola" split CDr (Chaosynod)
Pregnant Spore - Self-Righteous Cum c31 (Beach House)
Pregnant Spore - Amoeba-Like Identity c30 (Space Idea)
DJ Payne - Plays Pregnant Spore tape (Middle James Company)
False Flag - Metal Birds 3" CDr (FTAM)
Dementia And Hope Trails/Pregnant Spore - split c47 + c44 (Side-A Records)
Pregnant Spore - Slippery Sleep c30 (Christian Pop)
+ MORE

HTTP://WWW.HELLORAINBOWBRIDGE.COM
rainbowbridge

Zurück zu releases: cd, cd-r, vinyl, mc, md