NEW:MERZ/GOVTALPHA/COCK/HEADBOG/YCSTAR/KOMMISSAR/FOSSILS++++

industrial und artverwandter bereich

Moderatoren: haiwire, thedi, chikan

NEW:MERZ/GOVTALPHA/COCK/HEADBOG/YCSTAR/KOMMISSAR/FOSSILS++++

Beitragvon rainbowbridge » 18.05.2011 (6:04)

FINALLY, THE NEWEST RAINBOW BRIDGE BATCH HAS BEEN RELEASED. FIFTEEN NEW TAPES AND ONE CDR.

There would have been one more tape but it sold out at shows and on the website before I could even post this announcement. I have put more time, energy and money into this batch than I ever thought possible. It kept growing, seemingly by itself, and there are still over 10 releases I have waiting to come out. I told myself I would only release smaller batches from now on, and more often. That is not what ended up happening, of course. I know it is overwhelming, and I apologize. But I am proud to be releasing what you see here. It's such a relief as well as a very exciting accomplishment. A huge thanks goes out to Kaitlyn Prochazka for slaving over the putting together of this batch as well.

*** ALL RELEASES ARE $7 USA/$8 CAN & MEX/$10 WORLD EXCEPT THE 2x C36 WHICH IS $11/$13/$15
*** PAYPAL: RAINBOWBRIDGE AT IFITMOVESKISSIT . NET
*** I WILL HONOR PACKAGE DEALS! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND I WILL TOSS YOU A PRICE. MY CONTACT EMAIL IS THE SAME AS THE PAYPAL EMAIL.
*** YOU CAN ALSO ORDER AT HTTP://WWW.HELLORAINBOWBRIDGE.COM
*** ALL ORDERS COME WITH AT LEAST ONE FREEBIE OF MY CHOICE
*** ALL ORDERS WILL EITHER BE SHIPPED EARLY NEXT WEEK OR WHEN I GET HOME FROM TOUR JUNE 7TH, 2011.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Government Alpha - Somnambulant c46 - RB-082

I spoke with Yasutoshi, the man behind Government Alpha, about the recent Earthquake in Japan. He described it as "a terrible shaking!" The same could be said to describe the material he submitted to Rainbow Bridge for this release. It is almost as if he manifested the recent Japanese natural disasters in noise-form months before they occurred. This tape is plagued with swirling, swarming, scathing, oscillating textures that do not follow most harsh noise trends. These sounds seem to hurl you into a spiral of head-melting chaos more so than they crush your skull. Side B is a live performance recorded in June of 2010 is even more dynamic and diverse, including some nutty screaming from Yasutoshi's own vocal chords. This material is strange, ruthless, and the more I listen to it, the more I love it. Japanoise at it's finest, ladies and dicks.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork with hand-stamped, purple tinted tapes. Limited to 50.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/go ... mnambulant

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Merzbow - Variations From Electric Fan c41 - RB-083

The legendary Masami Akita is back for the millionth fucking time with a heavily remixed heap of garbage originally recorded in 1993, long before some of you (including myself) thought noise was cool. This is not Japanoise as you'd usually expect it. Harsh, yet sweeping. Abrasive, yet not cramped with murderously piercing walls of insanity. Something tells me there is actual electric fan source material buried in this 41-minute work of art. Definitely a more off approach for Akita to take toward his material. A real treat for the Merzbow lover!

Professionally printed, full-color artwork by Masami Akita on double-sided j-card with prison shell tapes. Limited to 200. Co-released with Phage Tapes.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/me ... ations-for

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Demonologists/Cock E.S.P. - split c30 - RB-084

Demonologists deliver a perverse and horrifying crusade of harsh gloom followed by another penis-obssessed mass of feedback and distorted mayhem produced by Cock E.S.P, a group of truly wacky human beings that are easy to love (unless of course you own the venue they are performing at). The best thing about this tape, however, is that you can call it the Cock Demon tape for short. It will go down in history.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork with hand-stamped, red tinted tapes. Limited to 50.

Demonologists sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/de ... -with-cock
Cock E.S.P. sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/co ... split-with

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Summon Thrull - Spire Hell Heap c47 - RB-085

Carefully composed, dynamic, sonically stimulating noise by Dustin Kochel. You most likely haven't heard of this guy. He is as mysterious as his surreal, abstract collages that seem to flow complexly from one distinct movement to the other. Synths, electronics, found sounds, and who knows what else, pieced together to compile one of the most diverse and interesting noise releases the universe has ever encountered. In fact, everything but an un-moving wall is here. Quiet, dim, haunting drones. Metal tinkering right in your face, and more of it off in the distance like a massive machine operating miles away. Bright synths wavering and pulsing like sound effects from an 80's sci-fi movie. Crushed and distorted thumps and rumbles. Buried human voices. Static-ridden radio clips. Each track has a theme and doesn't venture far off from it's main idea before it ends and the next track begins. If you've got a friend that you want to turn on to noise, give that friend this tape. If he/she doesn't love it, give up.

Professionally printed, full-color artwork with hand-stamped, solid white tapes. First edition limited to 20.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/su ... -hell-heap

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Pregnant Spore/Actuary - split c43 - RB-086

Pregnant Spore brings you home-made and stock electronics alike, joined together, lopping, droning and producing freakazoid, spastic consistencies like plasma cells knocking down your door and bacterial dysentery poking at your health. Actuary compliments these sporous bowels with a special brand of sound that isn't the noise-grind you've heard before on Rainbow Bridge. If their split with Gorgonized Dorks was their "Red List," then this is their "Analysis Of Self-Destruction." (Bastard Noise, anyone?) The bunch of dudes we like to call Actuary are now just armed with a lot of electronic toys but they know how to bring the weird just as well as they knew how to grind your face.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork with hand-painted labels and hand-stamped, solid black tapes. Limited to 50.

Pregnant Spore sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/pr ... split-with
Actuary sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/ac ... h-pregnant

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Head Boggle - Solos In Auralize c47 - RB-087

Ever been to space, naked on a whale, playing an accordion with zebra-striped keys made of flubber? Have you ever morphed into an infinitely-reproducing cluster of soap bubbles that pop and then re-form themselves into razor blade acid droplets? Ever been psychedelically molested by the tapes you were listening to? Pick up this new opus by Derek Greedmink and get your ears baptized and your life abstracted into an abyss of malformed sound.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full color artwork with hand-stamped, solid white tapes. Limited to 37.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/he ... n-auralize

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Kommissar Hjuler Und Frau/Fossils - split c36 - RB-088

If you are not familiar with the German natives Kommissar Hjuler and his wife Mama Baer, wake up and smell the outsider-art and neo dada. With 200+ releases and countless performances under Kommissar's belt, the duo brings you a mysterious and concealed 18 minute oeuvre that seems to creep ever so slowly under your feet and seep into your skin. I don't want to give away the true nature of this recording with words, but I will say that it's extremely minimal and simultaneously fucking amazing. And what better project to compliment the weirdo works of KHUF? Fossils, the prolific Canadian group of controversy, ever-circulating members and lo-fi sound experiments based around cassette tapes, saxophones, malfunctioning electronics, busted guitars, various random objects and the crazy fucking personality of mister David Payne, also head of the Middle James Co. microlabel, brings you a new 15+ minutes of mangled mayhem. No one could possibly keep track of the all the output Payne and friends produce, but it is an honor to say that this Fossils recording is one of their very best. I am not just saying that to sell tapes, assholes. I mean it. And there's not even any sax in this one!

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork with hand-stamped prison shell tapes. Limited to 50.

Kommissar Hjuler Und Frau sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/ko ... r-und-frau
Fossils sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/fo ... -kommissar

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Cincinnatus C - Light Left Long Ago 3" CDr - RB-089

It is highly possible your first impression of Pennsylvania's Craig Hodgkin was his wailing and/or sniveling voice with an acoustic guitar being strummed underneath it. Granted, it was that way for years. Often, he'd run samples of some obnoxious loop slightly louder than his own voice while he'd play, but his performances would still be Mountain Goats covers mixed with his own acoustic jams. Or, if you've just been turned on to his works recently, it is likely you thought he was a pure harsh noise banger. I commend Craig for keeping the same project name no matter what he does. I know I don't. And wouldn't. This CDr is a bit in between the two styles... or more accurately, a documentation of his transition. Everything from wacky loops of pedal feedback to ambient melodies to high-pitched ear-scrapers with folk songs underneath can be heard within these 20 1/2 minutes. This material was recorded right before Craig threw down his guitar and put together himself a suitcase full of electronics. Consider yourself lucky to pick up one of these while you have a chance. Sorry harsh heads, no walls here. Just noise for wusses.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork, hand-stamped CDrs, clear soft-poly jewel cases. Limited to 20.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/ci ... -left-long

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Arvo-Zylo+Cock E.S.P. - Fuck E.S.P. c20 - RB-090

Description coming soon.

Professionally printed, full-color artwork with chrome tapes. Limited to 50. Co-released with E.F. Tapes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Pregnant Spore+Aisle - Opiate Chapel c23 - RB-092

Matthew Hex of the hypnotic electronics/synth/tape collage project from Arizona called Aisle said it best himself: "...sounds like something a stoned martian would listen to while getting ready for the prom." Erie drum loops, synth drones, glitching and sputtering harsh feedback. Side B features a tastefully remixed version of "Is It A Broken Bridge?" which is a Pregnant Spore track that appears on the Double Suicide split CDr with Mold Omen. Aisle totally fucked it up and it just needed to see the light of day in it's "repaired" form.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork with hand-stamped, red tinted tapes. Limited to 50.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/pr ... sle-sample

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Vestigial Limb - Anoxic Lair c62 - RB-093

I wasn't even all the way through side A of Vestigial Limb's release on 2AM Tapes when I was emailing Raymond to tell him how much I enjoyed his material. On his Rainbow Bridge release, he provides harsh, moving, intensely interesting and stimulating pieces. Synthy drones, grating feedback and clanging racket, all tough enough to crumble you but diverse enough to keep you listening to the point where you'll find something new with every spin.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, 2-panel j-cards with hand-stamped, black foil tapes. Artwork by Si Clark. Limited to 40.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/ve ... noxic-lair

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Heartstrung - Suppression/Denial/Defeat CDr - RB-094

In the world of harsh walls, this Virginia duo bring a ridiculously fresh new half hour of mistreatment like a ton of bricks onto your skull. Although the group is extremely diverse in their performances, this release is meant for pure annihilation. These thick walls do move, but only while scraping your face with shovels in the process. This release is quite unique for the genre it falls into, but in some unexplainable way. You will discover why on your own.

Hand-stamped, hand-sewn sleeves with liner notes assembled by Lindsay Chapman.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/he ... ion-denial

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Pregnant Spore - Harmonious Salmon Hearts - RB-095

Since the beginning of this year, most of the Pregnant Spore material that has been put out into the avant community is not where the mind of the spore dwells. Harsh and distorted walls, drones, etc. However, after several months of gathering new objects, finding sounds and modifying the living hell out of mounds of electronics, 36 minutes of new material has been composed, recorded and released. Under the influence of the supernatural, whatever it may be, and heightened emotive and introspective states, Harmonious Salmon Hearts was created. This isn't the flicking of knobs. This is forgetting about everything and letting the universe manifest itself through your body. Desperate vocals buried beneath swarms of personal and alien wars. An industrial nation glitching, possessed by it's own insecurities. Concentrated intrinsic divinity. Pins and needles in your most sensitive parts. Buckets of emotional bile pouring from your psychedelic eyes. Hallucinations of morphing, formidable creatures from the depths of a reality that exists beyond your consciousness, yet born and held captivate inside you. There is peace to be found between these piercing, disorderly procedures. If you think you'd enjoy Cor Fuhler, Gert-Jan Prins, Lasse Marhaug and Joe Colley, all high on crack, performing through excessively loud and torn speakers, you may enjoy this recording. Just probably just not as much.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork with hand-painted clear labels and hand-stamped, prison-shell tapes. Limited to 50.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/pr ... harmonious

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Nundata - Semen Papaveris c62 - RB-096

Serbia native Srdjan Eftimovski just got way off track. This is his second release on Rainbow Bridge, and it won't be his last (look out for his split with Blank Verse in the future). Weird, mysterious drones. Abstract industrial noise without the rhythm, slowed down and buried. It's almost as if Wyatt Howland gave Srdjan lessons on how to be a scum-bag and he applied what he learned on codeine. Grab one of these while you can because there is only a small amount. This release a last-minute decision to put this out in order to use up the rest of the c62s on the shelf and the artwork has been completely hand-made and no two j-cards or labels are alike.

Hand-painted, hand-stamped, hand-numbered artwork and labels, black foil tapes. Limited to 17.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/nu ... ris-sample

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Yellow Crystal Star - Our Mother Jaguar Tongue 2x c36 - RB-097

If there were words invented to somehow accurately give you the slightest introduction to what these recordings have documented, it would take paragraphs of them to scratch the surface. This release, including the artwork, has me speechless. Paralyzed. My existence is scrambled. Or maybe it's finally come together into something I can sort of understand. Abstract and fluid with intention toward divinity. I will quote Mark Billings, the entity behind this project. "It is difficult to put into human language because it is beyond what we all are." There is nothing more to say.

Hand-made packaging by Mark Billings, prison shell tapes. Limited to 100.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/ye ... our-mother

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bild

Teen Dreams - s/t - RB-098

Dylan Mulshine, also of Krull, Cat Sex and a bunch of other Charlottesville, VA projects, is a crazy man with a heart bigger than you could dream of taking in. Last time I saw the guy perform, his set consisted of throaty moaning into a microphone with no effects while push-moshing with the audience, and then calling his girlfriend on speakerphone. The performance before that was closer to what this cassette has to offer: some sort of warped, fucked up, abstract (dare I say) "pop" created with synths and various mic'd things consisting of (but not limited to) his own unforgettable voice. Forget what you know about Pocahaunted, Ariel Pink, Robedoor, Lamborghini Crystal... although Dylan would fit perfectly on a tour with any of those artists, his loosely-improvised, trippy, slightly noisy, oddly melodic compositions are just as fun as they are hallucinatory. In the 70's, he would have completely blown away any guitarist with a phaser pedal and made them quit music altogether.

The Rainbow Bridge edition consists of professionally printed, hand-numbered, full-color artwork and hand-stamped, prison shell tapes while Dylan's hand-made edition consists of his own artwork and packaging. Limited to 50.

Sample - http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/teen-dreams-sample

++++++++++++++++++++++++

STILL AVAILABLE

Skin Graft - 8.7.10 3" CDr
White Dog/Pregnant Spore - split c62
Hostage Pageant - Manipulated Memories c47
The Bohorquez/Balogh Project - Selt-titled CDr
Circuit Wound - Defense Mechanism c47
R.S.Seizure - Taped c62
Pregnant Spore - Universal Library Tick 3" CDr
NPV - Crossing Towers 3" CDr - RB054
Simian Washboard - Creature CDr - RB053
Andrew Coltrane - Persuasion c62 - RB052
Whitewater Orgasm - A Sad Way To Swallow CDr - RB049
Torturing Nurse/Hostage Pageant - split c10 - RB044
Transatlantic Rage - I.N.G. 9 DVDr - RB041
Al Qaeda/Dried Up Corpse - 1309 split c27 - RB040
Nundata - Entropy c62 - RB039

++++++++++++++++++++++++

DISTRO

Lord Gonzo/Pregnant Spore - split CDr (Stockroom)
Winter Ritual - Between Light c30 (905 Tapes)
Pregnant Spore/Mold Omen - Double Suicide split CDr (Egyptian Tea)
Dementia And Hope Trails - Ethereal Hurt c20 (Dynamo Sound Collective)
Ground Zero Mosque/Pregnant Spore/Inappropriate King Live split c20 (800 Wild)
Pregnant Spore - Chest Absence c47 (Okto Media)
Pregnant Spore/Rez Epo - Varptar Zotola split CDr (Chaosynod)
Pregnant Spore - Self-Righteous Cum c31 (Beach House)
Pregnant Spore - Amoeba-Like Identity c30 (Space Idea)
DJ Payne - Plays Pregnant Spore tape (Middle James Company)
False Flag - Metal Birds 3" CDr (FTAM)
Dementia And Hope Trails/Pregnant Spore - split c47 + c44 (Side-A Records)
Pregnant Spore - Slippery Sleep c30 (Christian Pop)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

PREGNANT SPORE/YELLOW CRYSTAL STAR TOUR

5/25 Newark, DE - 700 Social Club
5/26 Philadelphia - JR's Bar
5/27 Alexandria, VA - Amma House
5/28 Brooklyn, NY - Golden Drum (early show)
5/28 SOMEWHERE, NYC - LOOKING FOR SHOW
5/29 Providence, RI - AS220
5/30 Boston, MA - Yes Oui Space (early show)
5/30 Boston, MA - Gay Gardens
5/31 Queens, NY - The Silent Barn
6/1 Philadelphia, PA - The Shop
6/2 Cleveland, OH - Bela Dubby
6/3 Kent, OH - Stone Tavern
6/4 Chicago, IL - Enemy
6/5 Saint Louis, MO - Pig Slop
6/6 Normal, IL - Kyle's New Apartment
rainbowbridge

Zurück zu releases: cd, cd-r, vinyl, mc, md