B°TONG: The Soul Eater CD (Gears Of Sand)

industrial und artverwandter bereich

Moderatoren: haiwire, thedi, chikan

B°TONG: The Soul Eater CD (Gears Of Sand)

Beitragvon b°tong » 17.06.2011 (11:59)

Die neue B°TONG CD ist ab sofort erhältlich bei Gears Of Sand, diversen einschlägigen Vertrieben, oder via kingmongol@hotmail.com. Sie ist limitiert auf 100.

Hier 'ne Besrprechung von Frans deWaard aus dem Vital Weekly:

"Its been a while since I last heard music by Chris Sigdell from Basel, Switzerland, but  his work is always welcome on my desk. Music that is based on soundscapes from electronic sources as well as field recordings. Apparently in his concerts he uses a microphone, metal, springs and kitchen stuff, which he transforms into music, using effect pedals to create his drone like material. I assume this is what he also uses when recording at home, just expanding more on the sounds. Whatever he uses, his end-result is firmly fixed in the field of very dark ambient music, of what was once called Isolationism. Sounds get locked into some circuit and stay there to live a life of their own. A cavernous sound of metallic rumble, spooky voices, animal cries and transmissions intercepted. I think I made the reference to Lustmord before and it still applies to this new release. Utter dark, highly atmospheric and simply very good music. It has a certain menace about it, like waiting for some mass destruction that, thank god, never arrives. Intense music, that doesn't come with a warning: don't play this in the dark on your own."
(FdW)
b°tong

Zurück zu releases: cd, cd-r, vinyl, mc, md